Thursday, February 10, 2011

Twelve Stones

I have to tell you about a great book I've just read.

My friend wrote a memoir of her life and how God revealed Himself to her through remarkable circumstances.

It's called Twelve Stones and the author is Barbara Carole.

Recently I had Barbara to my home with five other women who had also read her book and we had the most vibrant and challenging conversations. We discussed how God meets us in our darkest seasons, how He brings people into our lives to teach us about Him and about ourselves, the value of being honest with our struggles before God and with each other, and different church traditions and what they offer those who are seeking God.

If you know people who are looking for spiritual connections in life or who are seeking God, but may not even be able to articulate the details of their journey, I would highly recommend this book. Although all the events in the book are true, it reads like a compelling novel. Intellect, experience, emotion, and heartache all lead Barbara to "the Source of love", God Himself.

Personally, I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know the author every bit as much as reading her story. Her faith is real and her heart is genuine. And I am always a fan of those who seek God and tell their stories authentically and articulately.

Barbara does both in Twelves Stones.

Read more about Barbara and her miraculous journey here:

No comments:

Post a Comment