Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Solid Foundation

I've been hearing and saying some hard things lately.


I've been told I'm too direct.


I've told someone that she hurt my feelings and made me angry.


I've been on my face, tears on the carpet, asking God for just the right words and just the right outcome.


I've been arguing with myself to the point of needing a big ol' V-8 slap on the forehead.


I've had to tell someone that a tentative commitment has to be cancelled because I believe God is leading me toward something else.


I've listened to more than one friend tell me that they aren't sure they trust God to take care of them.


I feel like I've been tossed back and forth by the waves and winds and all the other meteorological phenomena mentioned in Scripture as I second-guess myself and doubt my direction.


Aren't I glad my position in Heaven and my relationship with God don't depend on my circumstances or my feelings?


Yes I am!


Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and earth. He is my Rock and my firm foundation. He is the King of Glory and the Author of Creation. He is my Savior and He is my Lord.


Are your circumstances or relationships threatening your peace of mind? Be reminded, brother or sister, His love and His kingdom cannot be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment