Thursday, March 25, 2010

Conversation with Vladimir

So here's a random conversation I had with Vladimir, the guy who came to paint our kitchen and patch up the walls yesterday. He came in the front door and I was sitting in a chair with my laptop. It went something like this:


Vladimir: Do you have picture of you like this?
Me: What?
Vladimir: I have seen picture of you before. You are writer, yes?
Me: Well, yes.
Vladimir: You have something in Christian book store?
Me: Uh... I wrote a Bible study?
Vladimir: What it is about?
Me: People in the Bible built something when there was peace so that when war started or hard times came they were ready. The study talks about how the same is true for us: if we build when there is peace, we'll be ready when hard times come.
Vladimir: That is good idea. More people should follow.
Me: I think so.


Then he went back to painting my kitchen. I still keep thinking someone put him up to it - you know, they said, "Hey my friend Jenni just had a Bible study published. It would be so funny if you said you recognized her. Yeah! Let's do it!" But Vladimir doesn't seem like much of a practical joker, so I'm not going to spend any energy or time trying to guess which one of my friends did it. I'll just chalk it up to a random conversation and mistaken identity. I do look a lot like Beth Moore...

No comments:

Post a Comment