Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cuppa Joe Bible Minute Intro

I live in the Seattle area where rain and coffee go hand in hand. It just feels good to walk around the city with a warm, mostly recycled cardboard cup of java steaming as the drizzle falls. There's a reason Starbucks flourishes here: coffee fits the climate. It's comforting. It's warm. All my favorite activities are better with a cup of coffee (an Americano with half and half, please). Sitting cozily with a friend, having "real talk", as my niece and her friends call it. Reading my Bible or writing a study. Walking with my husband on our favorite trail. And one cup seems to fit the average attention span. Of course some people are up for a refill, but for the most part, it's pretty easy to absorb information for the length of a cup of coffee (this works with tea, hot chocolate, or cider, too, by the way). 

Hence the name of my Facebook group and this blog: "Cuppa Joe Bible Minute". My desire is to share what God is teaching me through His Word and the life experiences He gives me to help women apply Scripture to real life and relationships. Issues like communication, self-esteem, dealing with life's tragedies and disappointments, marriage, sexuality, and social justice matter to God because they matter to us. And believe it or not, the Bible has something to say about all of it.

The lessons won't be long, but I pray they will have impact as we open ourselves to God's Truth and ask Him to transform us and our relationships as we learn from Him and submit to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment